Why you need a CRM system for your Business, 50 reasons.
If you are running your own company, or if you work for one, every day you face the challenge of handling customer requests, marketing campaigns, serve customers, and you need to interact with them by phone, email or face to face. You need to know your customer basic information, and also track every interaction with them. Probably you need a calendar system to organize your tasks… and relate them to a specific Accounts or Contacts. Perhaps, you wish to know at any moment of the day, how many opportunities and Quotes are approved and which ones need more attention in order to close the deal. How to do that, and control the apparent organizational chaos without the proper tools?
So, here is my first version of 50 CRM reasons.
What is CRM any way? If you don’t already know!
CRM is the acronym of “Customer Relationship Management”, and is related to the strategy for managing and nurturing a company’s interactions with customers and sales prospects. It involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize business processes.
So…why you need a CRM?
- You need to control who see’s what in your organization, having full control your customer data.
- Your company needs a centralized costumer database, shared among employees.
- Customer information needs to be accessed fast.
- For some/all contacts on your database, you need to know specific details, like job title, email address, is he/she on a key position? B-day?
- Some of your accounts are siblings of other accounts, and you need to track it easily.
- You need a list of all your contacts on a specific Account
- Customer phone numbers, addresses and contacts, orders, etc.. are stored using excel files, paper sheets, or other manual ways.
- If an account manager updates a contact, phone number, address or customer preference, it must be done on one place only, and the change needs to be reflected for all employees.
- Need to identify Accounts by region, Sales executive, industry, SIC code, is that Account a key customer?
- Your company uses some sort of Accounts segmentation (by region, industry, level of contribution to your sales….)
- You need to store your Partners and Providers data, and keep it handy.
- Everyone who communicates with a customer needs to know what their coworkers did or said to them.
- If a prospect contacts your company by phone or email, you need to keep track and follow up the prospect to maximize your business opportunities, avoiding to lost the prospect because nobody payed attention to him/her.
- You need to know which customers consume most of your customer service time.
- Revenue per sales representative is accessible at any moment when you need it.
- A list of accounts by sales representative can be generated in a snap
- Some times, you need to assign Accounts to specific sales rep, without a lot of effort moving data back and fort.
- Your company has a specific sales methodology, and you need all sales reps to follow it, no mater their expertise level.
- Would love to have an updated sales forecast, without need to ask for it.
- Need to help your sales reps, with automatic alerts for customers that have not been contacted in a determined amount of time.
- You plan and budget your marketing campaigns.
- Your organization needs to track marketing costs, activities and schedule for each campaign.
- Refine and mix list of prospects, accounts and contacts for campaigns is a hard task.
- Your campaigns require to track prospect / customer responses, and/or promo codes.
- Measure campaign performance, and compare results against former campaigns.
- Create marketing reports using data from marketing campaigns.
- To have a 360-degree of each customer (Sales, Service, Marketing)
- A flexible tool to create custom fields, forms and reports to capture information relevant to your sales y service processes. All that in short time, low cost, and no coding needed.
- You provide professional services charged by hour and you need to track time and expenses to invoice the customer.
- Your company provides professional services under contract, and you need to track each contract usage.
- The customer service department need to assign cases, based on each agent free schedule or specialty.
- The Sales department needs an integrated system to create Quotes using different price lists.
- The Sales department needs a centralized location to store the sales literature, like brochures, pictures or any type of electronic marketing material.
- Send emails based on predefined templates directly from your computer, and without need to type anything (Mail Merge)
- Keep track of the activities or events that sales reps participate in that generate new business or sales.
- Most of your company information is on your “employees head”.
- Capture the experience generated at the Customer Service Department, implementing and integrated, search-able knowledge base that can be used to solve similar issues quickly.
- Use a platform that allows the creation of custom applications, re utilizing the existing data and keeping an integrated system.
- Because having a CRM allows/facilitates the integration with third party applications like Accounting software, phone systems, data cleaning applications and others services that boost your processes.
- Your phone system can “talk” to your CRM and provide phone self service to your customers, like open cases, request information, schedule a phone call and practically anything you can imagine.
- You can measure the success rate of your sales department in “live” time.
- You can measure the results of phone based marketing campaigns in live time.
- A centralized, personal calendar is assigned to each CRM user, and it is linked to the tasks, phone calls, appointments and customer data.
- It facilitates providing web based customer self service.
- If you have a small team, sharing sales and service responsibilities, a CRM facilitates switching between roles.
- Each user will have the access to the data that is necessary to perform their daily duties.
- Each user will have the necessary tool to track and automatize tasks and alerts for urgent/due ones.
- Sales Manager will have a consolidated forecast view, and each sales rep will see only their own forecast.
- Any business process can be implemented using the CRM as a base platform. ( xRM )
- CRM can help companies any industry/ any size to control the tendency to chaos.